There has been so much hype surrounding the launch of Rihanna’s new makeup line. After seeing all her different shades of foundation, and contour kits, I was dying to try some out for myself. As you all know I am a huge makeup lover! Finding new brands is always fun for me. I got a couple products to try out first to see how I felt about this makeup itself. I purchased the match stix trio in “Medium” which was $54 at Sephora. It included a contour stick in “Mocha” a concealer stick in “Bamboo,” and a highlight stick in “Trippin.” They have four different match stix trio sets like this one for different skin types; light, medium, tan, and deep. Or you can customize, and create your own. I felt the medium was a perfect fit for my skin type, and I was right! I also bought the highlight stick in “Confetti” because I could not resist that fabulous purple shade. This highlight stick bought individually was $25 at Sephora. As you can see it is a better deal to purchase the set of three if you’re looking for a whole face look.
One thing I love about the products I tried is that the contour is extremely easy to blend! I always love using powder contour because to me it is much easier to blend than cream. These contours and concealers aren’t too creamy, and blend so well! I absolutely love the “Mocha” contour stick. The “Bamboo” concealer to me is a good color. I think a little lighter would have worked better for me only because I love extremely light concealer to really make my contour pop. I do wish the concealer was just a littler creamier because that is a look I like. I do still love it though. They both blend so well, and create a perfect matte look. The highlighter is super pigmented, which is amazing! If you are all about the dramatics with the highlighter then you will love these products. Again, I am used to a powder highlight which has always been my preference. I do like the way the highlighter applies on your face. It’s perfect for nose highlight, and right on the cheek bones. I do feel after you apply the highlighter you need to blend a little. It goes on as a line because it is a stick. You will need to blend everything a little, but the pigment makes it totally worth it. I know she does carry powder highlight in her collection, so that is definitely something I would like to try next.
Overall I am in love with Fenty Beauty! After purchasing I have used the contour every single day. It is my new favorite contour kit, and I can’t wait to try more. I would love to try foundation next, and a powder highlight!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in “Dark Brown”
- Mary Kay matte liquid foundation in “Beige 5”
- Mary Kay bronzing powder in “Light-Medium”
- Fenty Beauty contour stick in “Mocha”
- Fenty Beauty concealer in “Bamboo”
- Fenty Beauty highlight in “Trippin”
- Becca Cosmetics blurring powder in “Golden Hour”
- NYX Cosmetics setting spray in “Matte Finish”
- Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition palette under the brown, on the lid, and in the crease
- NYX Cosmetics vinyl liquid liner in “Black”
- Ardell Lashes with “111” and “113” doubled up together
- Too Faced mascara in “Better Than Sex”
- NYX Cosmetics lip liner in “Sweet Pink”
- NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede lipstick in “Pink Lust”
Get My Look:
Match Stix Trio: Fenty Beauty